Home / COVID-19
As the COVID-19 pandemic evolves, the AAP has been staying abreast of all confirmed developments related to its global spread and will continue to be vigilant in efforts to develop and share information and guidance with members.
Colorado Specific Information:
AAP Information and Resources:
The AAP has established a web page on AAP.org where you can find the latest clinical guidance, recommendations from CDC, information for parents and other resources. This page will be updated daily as new information is available.
- Clinical guidance
- Information on PPE
- Telemedicine and telephone care resources
- Coding information
- Information for families
- Physician wellness tips
Interactive map containing state-by-state public health resources
A complete list of state actions and pending state bills related to coronavirus
AAP experts have recorded new webinars on COVID-19:
- Telehealth and COVID-19: Offering tips on how to launch telehealth into practice.
- Caring for Children with Complex Medical Conditions During COVID-19: Helping clinicians understand special considerations for children with complex needs, how to prepare your clinic/practice, and how to partner with and support families.
- COVID-19 Pandemic – Clinical Guidance for Pediatric Practices: Strategies for pediatricians to increase infection control practices in their office to protect patients and health care workers.
- Talking to and Supporting Children During a Pandemic: Helping clinicians understand how to talk to and support children during the COVID-19 pandemic, including how to help parents talk to their children.
- Disaster Management for the Pediatrician in the COVID-19 Response: Utilizing preparedness principles to mobilize pediatricians to adapt protocols, learn new models, and serve as champions for children in a pandemic.
AAP News: Coronavirus disease outbreak coverage
AAP Red Book Online: 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Infections
Membership opportunities are available to pediatricians, pediatric medical subspecialists, pediatric surgical specialists, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, nurses, and pediatric dentists. American Academy of Pediatrics – Colorado Chapter (AAP-CO) provides an array of benefits and services to keep you up-to-date and informed and is the only organization that supports you through all four phases of maintenance of certification. As a member, you can be a voice for children and pediatrics.