How do I join?
An AAP Colorado membership provides you with the professional support you need to practice the best possible medicine for children in Colorado through a variety of tools and resources. Membership opportunities are available to pediatricians, pediatric medical sub-specialists, pediatric surgical specialists, and other pediatric professionals. AAP Colorado provides an array of benefits and services to keep you up-to-date and informed and is the only organization that supports you through all four phases of maintenance of certification. As a member, you can be a voice for children and pediatrics.
Becoming a member is easy. Review our membership categories, membership benefits and pay dues below.
Membership Categories & Dues
|Member Category||Description||AAP-CO Dues||AAP National Dues|
|Fellow, FAAP||BC Pediatrician/Subspecialist, member AAP||$175||$680|
|Surgical/Specialty Fellow, FAAP||BC Pediatric Surgeon/Specialist, member AAP||$175||$680|
|Candidate Member||Board Eligible Pediatrician/Surgeon/Subspecialist||$100||$525|
|Senior Member||>70 or >65 and not earning professionally||$100||$205|
|National Affiliate Member||Nurse Practitioner, Physician Assistant||$100||$165|
|Associate Member||Pediatric Dentist||$100||$395|
|Post Residency Training Member||$30||$140|
|Medical Student Member||$10||$25|
As a member of the AAP-Colorado, you can help:
Advance the interests of Colorado infants, children, and teens through ADVOCACY at the State Capitol and in Washington, D.C., by:
- Participating in advocacy activities that improve the quality of pediatric practice and the welfare of children in Colorado
- Increasing your knowledge of the state legislative process and meeting with state policymakers
- Representing pediatric views to the Colorado Legislature
- Crafting resolutions to influence the American Academy of Pediatrics
Ensure the highest quality patient care through EDUCATION of pediatricians, residents, and medical students, by:
- Attending educational meetings focused on the needs of Colorado Pediatricians
- Accessing practice management tools through AAP and Chapter sponsored training sessions
- Shaping the future role of pediatrics in the ever-changing health care system
- Receiving AAP-CO newsletters and other informational emails
Promote optimal physician well-being and career stamina through PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT and NETWORKING opportunities, by:
- Volunteering on committees, developing policies, speaking to media, and representing the AAP on local panels
- Serving on national AAP Sections, Committees and Boards
- Attending national meetings
- Networking with other pediatricians throughout Colorado and other parts of the world
AAP-Colorado offers members a variety of ways to become involved with the chapter’s advocacy, education, networking and leadership opportunities.