The 15th Annual Reach the Peak Asthma & Allergy Overview and Update
April 12 - April 13| $125
CHILDREN’S HOSPITAL COLORADO PRESENTS:
The 15th Annual Reach the Peak Asthma and
Allergy Overview and Update
Wednesday, April 12- Thursday, April 13 • 7:30am to 1:30 p.m. MT
Community Providers $125.00
Children’s Hospital Colorado Team Members: $100.00
Seven full scholarships are being offered. To apply, email a letter of request outlining the scholarship need to Matthew Stern at Matthew.Stern@childrenscolorado.org by Friday, March 24, 2023. Notification of the award will be sent by Friday, March 31, 2023, along with instructions on how to register.
Do not register for the conference prior to applying for a scholarship. Separate registration instructions will be sent directly to all scholarship applicants.
The Children’s Hospital Colorado Annual Reach the Peak Conference is our annual interdisciplinary educational conference for health team members managing patients with asthma. Facilitated by leading experts in their field, Reach the Peak incorporates problem-based learning methods with a combination of lectures, small group case scenarios, networking and comprehensive collaboration strategies. The information presented helps provide updates in current asthma management guidelines, practice challenges and discussion on addressing social determinants impacting asthma care.
Proceeds from Reach the Peak support Roundup River Ranch help children and families with asthma and lung disorders to attend camp. Camp opportunities can be life changing for these children.
- Describe the pathophysiology and contributing factors of asthma diagnosis.
- Develop an Asthma Action Plan that includes prescribed medications and behavioral and environmental modifications.
- Integrate newly acquired knowledge into clinical practice.
- Conduct a patient and family assessment addressing the medical history, objective measures of asthma severity and educational needs.
- Assess community needs, develop programs to address identified needs and measure outcomes related to program effectiveness.